Welcome to Eastwood Primary School
From the Principal, Rukshana Verzijl
Eastwood Primary School and Deaf Facility, in partnership with its community, seeks to optimise the potential of each individual and promote a friendly, safe and healthy school environment. We aim to extend knowledge, challenge thinking, provide choice and ignite passions. The School has a Facility for Deaf/Hearing Impaired students, which services the surrounding districts. Deaf students are fully integrated with support provided by Teachers of the Deaf.
The school’s motto ‘Enthusiasm Precedes Success’ supports the school community’s value for the many facets of development in the preparation of our children for a full life as tomorrow’s adults. Our Student Wellbeing focus aims to empower individuals and teams to enable a sense of connectedness, purpose and zest for life.
We seek to help build self-confidence, self-esteem and resilience in order for our students to approach future life experiences, opportunities and challenges with self-assurance and energy. There is a passionate commitment to all students and their families having a positive sense of belonging.
Eastwood Primary School and Deaf Facility is a great place to:
- Build foundation skills for Learning - Literacy, Numeracy, Thinking and Learning Skills.
- Understand who we are and how we relate to each other. We seek to build relationships, values and sense
- of belonging to local, national & global communities.
Develop skills and knowledge for life in an information and technology rich world.
- Develop environmental skills, knowledge and behaviours in an ever changing world.
- As part of our mainstream school the Deaf Facility provides integrated primary education for children who
- Are Deaf or Hearing Impaired.
At Eastwood we value:
Learning: At Eastwood we value confident, motivated and responsible life long learners.
Self: We aim to help create positive empowered and compassionate individuals who participate fully in life.
Relationships: We value lifelong, positive, and respectful relationships with all members of our school community, our environment and the global community.
We come to the safe and friendly environment of Eastwood PS to achieve our academic potential in positive, challenging and vibrant learning spaces. Eastwood embraces diversity and seeks to build community; ensuring we become responsible members of the global society.
Our learning programs are guided by the Victorian Curriculum Foundation - 10 and are planned
by the following teaching teams
Level 1 – Foundation
Level 2 – Years 1 & 2
Level 3 – Years 3 & 4
Level 4 – Years 5 & 6
Specialists – Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Physical Education, Auslan (LOTE) and Digital Technology
The focus of all programs includes:
- Pursuit of excellence
- Development of pride and a respect for the environment
- Acquisition of thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Celebration of achievement and success
- Development of self esteem, self discipline and an understanding of the rights of others
- Development of self confidence and preparedness to persist, respond to change and take up opportunities
- Equal opportunity to all members of the school community.
We are proudly a member of the Maroondah Network of schools working collaboratively to improve outcomes for all students in the Maroondah area.
We hope you find this website informative, if you would like to find out more about our wonderful school please contact the school office.